Tuesday, February 28, 2012

En gard!

Last night was punches, kicks, and blocks. I'm feeling better and better about these; not nearly so confused even with the combination moves anymore!

Since we once again had extra time, we worked on sword-fighting. No, there isn't actually any sword-fighting in TKD, but we did it anyway. Armed with swords made of dowel rods inside pool noodles, we dueled until one person gained 5 points. My first match actually went amazingly well and we traded points until he ultimately beat me 5-4. The second match... I didn't score a single point. It was one of those speedy little junior black belt boys with all the crazy energy. Oh well.

On Friday I should be getting my second stripe, since it'll be two months by then. If all goes well with testing, I won't ever even make it to three stripes on my white belt. I'll have a spiffy new one instead!

I'm trying not to think too much about testing. I mean, I'm practicing and preparing for the test but I'm trying not to let myself dwell on it so that my nerves won't be so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment