Saturday, February 4, 2012

Spectating

Today I went to watch belt testing. Though I'm not to the point of testing yet, I wanted to have a better idea of what the process will be like. I'm glad I decided to go. I'll still be nervous/terrified when the time comes, but at least I know what to expect now.

I got to chat a bit with my instructors after the tests. It sounds like it'll be a pretty big test class the next time around, which is when I'll be up for my first test. I'm already a bit nervous about it, but Mrs Saxton sounded confident that I'll do well. She also mentioned the Friday sparring sessions and made a point of saying I could start coming whenever I felt ready. I don't have to spar for my yellow belt, but thereafter it becomes another testing criteria. I'm really glad she mentioned it, actually, because I've thought about going before but I wasn't sure if I could/should with what little I know thus far. I guess I'm gonna go give it a try next week!

There was adorable little 4 year old boy who tested today, who earned his high (or advanced) white belt. It was fun to watch him go through the same form that I've been working on relentlessly. He was especially cute and excited when he finally managed to break his board. And then of course, his mommy had to help him tie his new belt on. So precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment