Monday, March 5, 2012

Noodles with Knees

Things I now know:

1. Sparring is great fun!
2. Teenage boys have incredibly sharp, bony knees.
3. Sewing patches is dangerous.

Nothing terribly interesting to report for the last few classes. Between Friday evening and today, there has been quite a bit of sparring for me. I definitely like it far more than I would have thought. Of course, I now have a few 'war wounds' to show for my efforts. There's the skin on the bottom of my big toes rubbing off (whether from the floor or the safety booties I haven't determined), mystery bruises, and a VERY colorful and painful non-mysterious bruise on my right shin from colliding kicks with two different sparring partners.

I got my school patch and sewed it on my gi tonight. It looks all official now!

No comments:

Post a Comment